Hi Everyone! Welcome to my new blog...

 I just wanted to reach out and introduce myself.  

My name is Cindy, I'm the owner and creator of BubbleHunter Soaps.  

To give a little background on me, I'm a mom of 3, grandmother of 4, wife, and mom to 2 amazing and loving cats, Dexter and Quintin Puss.

BubbleHunter Soaps was originally created because I was looking for a creative outlet, and a more natural more sustainable beauty care regime.  

I started making melt and pour soaps, which very quickly evolved into making cold process soaps.  I loved it so much, that I just had to make more.  AND, I had to try to make other products, which, again, I absolutely loved.  My family loved everything I made as well, so I thought to myself, I think everyone else will love them too!  

So, I decided to open an online shop through Etsy.  

Now, what to name it?  Honestly, this was actually very easy for me.  I was taking a bath one day (maybe too much information, ha!), and we had a small bottle of bubbles on the back of the tub, you know the ones with the wands in them that kids love to play with.  Well, if you've ever had pets, or children, you know that there is no privacy, EVER!  Well, my cat Quintin Puss (he's so special, he has 2 names!) was in the bathroom with me and I pulled out the bubbles, and blew a bunch for him.  Of course he loved them and went "hunting" after them, and I said, "well aren't you the little bubble hunter?", and the name stuck.  

So, then begins BubbleHunter Handmade Soaps.

Next I needed, a logo.  Well, again, the reason for the name was Quintin Puss.  So, again, easy choice, I needed a logo with a cat.  So, I had my future daughter-in-law create a logo for me.  It was a start, but wasn't exactly what I was looking for.  So, recently, I have recreated my logo, a rebranding of sorts, to show the exact reason for the BubbleHunter name... a cat batting at, or hunting if you will, bubbles.  

I started selling at the farmer's market and some small craft fairs.  Nothing big, but trying to get my name and products out there.  Recently, I attended a large craft fair, and realized that, rather than the farmer's market, which was a great start, these larger fairs were the way to go for in-person sales events.  Next year, no farmer's market.  My focus will be on craft fairs for makers.    

And now, re-branding... 

I have had a few people confused by my logo, thinking I sell or make cat toys, but that's only because my banner really didn't say or show the real purpose behind the name.  Rebranding of marketing material will be done to emphasize the products as well as the reason for my logo.  We can't forget Quintin Puss, lol.  

Recently, I had my first 4 star review on Etsy (all others were 5), which made me think.  The reason for the 4 was because I used plastic shrink wrap on my shampoo bars.  Another reason I started making my own products was to have less packaging, less waste, and be a little more environmentally friendly.  So... again, a little more rebranding on my packaging is in order.    

My considerations for rebranding are as follows:

-  I will donate a set amount from each sale to a local human society or shelter... I mean, Quintin Puss is the namesake of my business.

-  Find more environmentally friendly, less waste, packaging ideas

-  Build my own website. Etsy is a great way to start, but to expand, I feel that my own website is the best way to do that.  

Here's a start.  BubbleHunter Soaps is ever evolving, which it should be.  I'm so proud of my products and I sure hope you give them a try.  


Comments

Popular Posts