Reflections

Hi Everyone!  Wow, is it really the end of the year already?  Crazy!!!

This past year has been a whirlwind, with working at Dispatch, and with BubbleHunter, and.... Cindy B's (see below).  

I launched my website which I am very proud of.  Of course, I am still making tweaks here and there, and it may look a little different next year.  

I updated my logo which is more what I've wanted.  I still do little tweaks here and there, but for the most part, it is perfect.  

I posted a few videos on YouTube, so if you're interested in watching them and subscribing, check them out at BubbleHunter Soaps.  

I attended a few farmer's markets and shows.  I will continue to look for larger, in-person shows that we can vend at and step away from the farmer's market venue, however, not completely (again, more on that later).  

So, what have I learned at the end of year 2 of being in business, and what am I planning for, for year 3?  

1.    I still absolutely love making soap!  I don't think I've ever done anything that has made me this happy doing.  It's not only a creative outlet, but practical and useful, and I love it.  I have completely transitioned from store bought soaps, shampoos and conditioners, laundry soap, as well as most moisturizers and couldn't be happier.  

2.    I will do more marketing to get my name out there.  Although my in-person sales have been great, my online sales have not.  My goal is to learn more about Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and other social media platforms to make my online business presence more known.    

3.    I will continue to update photographs for the website, as well as work on SEO, again, to make BubbleHunter's presence more known.  If you google BubbleHunter, you will actually find me, however, I'd like to be seen/found by searching for a specific product as well.  I'm close and for some items, I am right up front, which makes me ecstatic.  

4.    I will be working on finding larger venues to increase sales.  Although my in-person sales were better than year one, I'd like to see where this business can take me.  I have some venues/markets in mind and will be attending a few others again that were fun and amazing successes this past year; such as the Fargo street fair, Alexandria Arts and Crafters Tour, Benson High School (yes, this one was actually a big one for me).  

5.    I will be working on labeling, packaging, and shipping packaging.  I need more consistent branding that I've already started working on.  I will be slowly going away from shrink wrapping my soaps, and going with more of a band.  I may do this for bath bombs and shampoo bars as well eventually, but I will be starting with soap.  

6.    I will be narrowing down my soap scent selections.  I have way too many and would like to have maybe 6-10 per season.  With that being said, I will also be working on gift sets for some holiday seasons.  I love the idea of gift sets, which I actually started selling (check out Iconic Men in Film History Beer Soap set).  

7.    I will be working on some new products to add to my line, such as dish soap and laundry soap.  I will also be working on companion pieces for the soaps that are not consumables.  They will be useful pieces that are also beautiful.  In addition, I will be adding wax warmers to go with our wax melts.  I will only be starting with 2 types/designs to see if there is a want for them.  If not, year 3 may be the last for wax melts in general.  I love making them, but they are not big sellers and I'd like to keep my focus on those items that actually do sell, like soap and bath bombs.  


This past year, I also started another side business, Cindy B's Sweet Treats.  I applied for, and received my Minnesota Cottage Food license.  I would continue on with the farmer's market only with Cindy B's.  I started with hot cocoa bombs this winter and wow, they were a success.  I actually just made a Facebook page and brought some bombs with me to 2 shows and they sold out each time.  I didn't have to market them on Facebook either.  I had plenty of sales just by my few posts and word of mouth.  I love baking so maybe this will be another fun adventure.  


This will be my last post for the year.  I wanted to say thank you to all of my family, friends, customers, and supporters.  I couldn't have done it without you.  Here's to another fantastic year of growth, creative designs, and more amazing soaps and bath bombs... and Cocoa Bombs!!!! lol.  Happy Holidays to everyone!  You are all very special to me!  


Comments

Popular Posts