I'm back!!!!

 Wow, I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted.  To my followers, I AM SORRY!  What actually brought me back was watching the movie Julie & Julia.  I figured, it was time to at least check in and let you know what I've been up to these past... 9 months (again, sorry!).  

I've continued to create soaps and bath bombs.  I've also created my very own recipes for whipped sugar scrubs AND emulsified body butters.  They are both so much better than the premade bases that you can buy, AND they don't cost nearly as much.  

I've also attended around 15 events.  Wow, I can't actually believe that I have gone to that many, but I have.  The top 3 that I've attended this year are Art in the Park (Alexandria), Benson High School, and Hancock High School.  And running a very close 4th was Detroit Lakes.  These are not the top sales by dollar, however, they are the top sales by profit.  And, they are all very local, which makes them so much better.  I did attend the Fargo Street Fair this year, however, the weather was not my friend and neither was the location.  I may or may not apply again for 2023, but I'm not sure yet.  If there is an event closer to home for that time frame, I may forego Fargo and stay in Minnesota.  I guess I will see when it gets closer.  

The best part about the events that I've done is having the absolute BEST helper I could have asked for.  My oldest granddaughter Alexis helped me out with most of them, and I couldn't have been happier to bring her.  I even helped her get her own little business started, Sally's Slime.  She actually made a nice amount of money of her own, and I couldn't be more proud.  

BubbleHunter has become a family affair.  My son and daughter have helped with some of the events as well, which I have so appreciated.  Doing some of these things alone isn't very fun, and they know how important this is to me.  

I've also started getting into stamping and card making of all things.  I am obsessed with Lawn Fawn, My Favorite Things, and Hello Bluebird stamps.  I think what I like most about them is that I can color them.  I still love to color, so why not do it in a way I can share!  My husband bought me a starter pack of Copic markers and I have since added to my collection.  They are perfect and the versatility that they give me with color blending, and the different tones they come in... well, I absolutely adore using them.  

I still have the website up, however, it has been very slow with the economy in the state it's in.  I also decided to open my Etsy page back up, but again, nothing much happening there.  I have considered suspending my website because, well, $30 a month is expensive, and with few sales online... I'm not sure it's smart keeping it going right now.  I have basically been using it as an inventory system, which is silly since I have an inventory system.  I don't know.  My sales are all in-person so I may take it down until I feel the economy gets better.  

I still have my soaps in a consignment shop, did I tell you I'm in a consignment shop?  Second Chances in Morris.  Again, sales aren't huge, but there are some here and there.  

Christmas is coming soon, and I still have 2 more events before then.  I am also taking time to spend with my family, so I may not post often.  

To end this post, here are a few of some things I've been working on.  I hope you enjoy them, and I will hopefully check back again soon (hopefully not another 9 months from now!)








Comments

Popular Posts