Spring & Summer

 I know, I know, its too early to think of Spring and Summer.  But, for soapers, it isn't.  The soaps need to be made and cured for a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks; the longer the better which means the longer they last for the end user.  

I have been doing this for a few years now, this coming year I'll be starting year 4 of selling soap.  Wow!!!  So now, I have an idea of what sells and what doesn't.  That would technically mean that I have an actual line of soaps... so cool!!!

I've also discovered what sells for Fall & Winter, so I'm really starting to narrow this down.  The popular scents for this Fall/Winter have been Cranberry Apple Marmalade (so delicious), Warm Flannel and Cashmere Sweater (aka Sweater Weather).  

I've also created an essential oil line of soaps that have started taking off.  I love, love, love the spiked orange.  It's so warm and spicy and just perfect for Fall/Winter.  

I've also created a new magnesium emulsified body butter.  It is not an anhydrous product, so I did have to use an emulsifier, however, it is powdery and creamy and thick and luxurious.  I have issues with leg cramps and this really does work for me.  

And bath bombs... I do love me a good bath bomb.  I do have to adjust my recipe slightly during the winter months because here in Minnesota it is very dry.  But, who doesn't like having cocoa butter in your bath water.  It keeps the bath bomb from being powdery and helps with extra moisture for your skin.  Extra bonus!!!  

And sugar scrubs are starting to pick up in sales.  I really like making sugar scrubs and I love using them.  I didn't want to purchase a recipe or even purchase a base like I had been.  I wanted it to be my creation and work the way I wanted it to.  I have finally done that and couldn't be happier with it.  

That's it for now.  Here's a picture of the body butter.  This is how I display them at shows so that everyone can smell them and try them before they purchase.  Everyone has gone crazy over them, which makes me very pleased.  


 

Comments

Popular Posts